Effective Date: May 22, 2021
- The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so.
- How we use your personal data.
- The choices you have about your personal data.
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us through the support feature located at:
THE DATA WE COLLECT
The categories of personal data we collect depend on the Services you use, and the requirements of applicable law.
Data you provide us directly
- Contact information (such as name and email address or phone numbers).
- Your messages to the Service (such as player support tickets).
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account or data you provide to participate in survey or promotional programs).
Data we collect automatically
- Data about your account and game progress, including in most cases an automatically created user ID.
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device or advertising ID).
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language, internet service provider, and mobile carrier.
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies.
- Approximate location data (as derived from IP address).
- Data about your use of the Service, such as gameplay data, purchases made and your interactions with other players inside the Service.
Data collected by third-party tools
We also use tools and services provided by others, such as authentication servers, data analytics providers and advertising networks to supplement the information we have , such as:
- Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with the Service (such as Sign in with Apple or Sign in with Google).
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address).
- Data from platforms that the games run on or data from payment service providers.
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service.
- Data that you have made available to us from a third-party service (such as Sign in with Apple, Sign in with Google).
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We use your data for a variety of business purposes, such as:
To make the Service work
To perform the contract, we process data necessary to:
- Create accounts and allow you to play our games and use our Service.
- Operate the Service.
- Verify and confirm payments.
- Provide and deliver products and services you request.
- Send you Service-related communications.
To make the Service more suitable for our players
To provide a great Service to our players, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to:
- Update and develop player profiles.
- Develop and improve the Service and player experience.
- Manage our relationship with you.
- Provide social features as part of the Service.
- Customize your Service experience.
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide player support.
- Provide you offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services, and by email.
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages.
- Enable you to communicate with your friends andother players.
To show personalized advertisements
To show you personalized advertisements in the Service as well as in other websites and services (including email) we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
- Track the content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior.
- Deliver, target and improve our advertising and the Service.
To keep the Service safe and fair
In order to keep the Service and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
- Analyze and monitor use of the Service and its social features.
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving players.
To analyze, profile, and segment
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile and segment all collected data.
With your consent
With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes.
WHO CAN SEE YOUR DATA
Apart from The Last Vertex, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
Other players and users
Challenge a Friend and other Social features are a core component of our games. Other players and users may, for example, see your display name, and online status.
Our service providers
The Last Vertex uses third-parties to help us provide the Service. These third-parties may process your data to provide the Service, and perform tasks such as authentication and account services, hosting, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention.
Other companies and public authorities
In order to verify payments and combat fraud and illegal activity, we may process and disclose data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our players or others.
The Service includes features from third-parties for the purpose of advertising, such as functionalities through application programming interfaces (APIs) or software development kits (SDKs) and in-game advertising. These third-parties may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
These third-parties may access data regarding your activities and your device (such as your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share data we have collected about you with these third-parties. These third-parties may use this data (and similar data collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third-party services within their networks. These third-parties may operate under their own privacy policies. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” If you prefer not to share your personal data with third-party advertising, you may follow the instructions in “Your Rights and Options” below.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our Service is global by nature and your data can therefore be transferred to anywhere in the world. Because different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in this Policy. Adequate safeguards that we may use include standard contractual clauses approved by EU Commission and other lawful safeguards.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing
We may send you push notifications through our mobile applications. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Opt-out of targeted advertising
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and turning off “Allow Apps to Request to Track” or selecting "Limit Ad Tracking" (Apple iOS) or "Opt-out of Interest Based Ads" (Android).
Access the personal data we hold about you
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
Your other rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may also contact your local data protection authority for unresolved complaints.
If you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights described above, please use the support options described in “Contact Us” above. We will respond to all requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we may also take additional steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by requesting you provide us a purchase receipt or other account information, asking you to link your email address or display name with your game account, or asking you to answer questions regarding your activities on our Services. Once you have verified your identity, you may also designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf by providing the agent’s contact information to our customer support staff, as required by applicable law. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment as a result of your exercise of these rights.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We and included third-parties may collect and store information about users interactions with unaffiliated websites and applications, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. This may be done in order to:
- detect and prevent fraud.
- Analytics, personalization and attribution.
- provide personalized advertising on each device that is inferred from the browsing patterns on all of the devices.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
In order to help ensure a secure and safe player experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. We may for example periodically de-identify unused game accounts, and we may regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we may retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
TERMS OF SERVICE
The Last Vertex's Terms of Service is available at: